What educational, entrepreneurial or business development programs, if any, have you taken advantage of?
I have attended the Zell Lurie Institute
Seminars on Entrepreneurship as part of Michigan Business Challenge
Where have you turned to find capital to grow your company and which institutions have provided it?
We have invested over $15,000 in founder's capital and two-years of development. We have received over $29,000 in awards, grants, scholarships, including legal services. Most of the grants and awards are from the University of Michigan and the Zell Lurie Institute for Entrepreneurship. We will soon apply for a local economic development loan to an amount of $50,000. Some of the awards and scholarships are as follows:
- $7,500 Erb Environmental and Social Sustainability Award
- $5,000 Williamson Award for Outstanding Business and Engineering Team
- $2,500 Mark Petroff Marketing Award
- $1,000 Award for Advancing to the Finals (top 4 teams) of Michigan Business Challenge
- $10,000 Dare-to-Dream Integration Grant Award
- $1,500 ZLI Scholarship for @Fingertips to attend Ann Arbor Spark Bootcamp
- $1,000 + Legal Services from Bodman PLC: University of Michigan FuturTech
- 2012 Award (Highest Attendee Votes) for Local Ann Arbor / Detroit “Startup With the Most Disruptive Innovation” during a Innovation Forum Startup Demo Showcase.
What are some of the advantages to doing business here?
There is a tremendous support and encouragement from the local entrepreneurial community.
What advice would you give to someone who was thinking about opening a business here?
In Michigan, Ann Arbor is a great place for young entrepreneurs to start a hi-tech company because there are lots of like-minded supportive people in a small area.